09:00h – Meditation
We invite you to start your first day of Virtual Oster Tanz with a 10min walking, sitting or lying down mediation!
- Take a moment to bring all your attention towards your breathing.
- Use the following affirmation as your object of meditation:
„The past is gone, the future uncertain. Today is now and I face it head on.“
- Repeat this affirmation in silence to yourself for the next couple of minutes.
- To end take the deepest breath you have taken all day long.
- Take a moment to acknowledge your environment and everything that is surrounding you before you start off your day.
10.00h – Song Tip
Refresh and get your energy up with a dance to a song recommended by the workshop team of Tanzfabrik. Today from Zoé Duflot, who is responsible for the communication and coordination of our program.
Zoé, why did you chose this song?
Well, because „life is such a funny journey“…
14.00h – Transfiguring Space
A Conversation with Maya Carroll
Maya M. Carroll, who would have given the workshop ‚The Instrument – Transfiguring Space‘ during our Oster Tanz festival, gives insights about her work as a choreographer, dancer and teacher and shares her experiences on the current time with Elisabeth Leopold from Tanzfabrik.
The workshop is now postponed to the 5th-7th of June!
17.00h-19.00h – ReWilding Attention
[Virtual class/in English]
Join Nita Little in her 2-hour live-zoom-session introducing the concept of ReWilding Attention and transferring a contact skill class to a virtual space.
ReWilding our Attention becomes possible when we realize that our domesticated embodiments are not enough – especially when we could be getting more significant information through extended embodiments that would expand our ability to move with the speed and clarity of communion – increasing our sense of spatial identity. Working with improvisation scores, our dancing will be technically specific on both physical and attentional levels with full bodied action – even at home!
You can book here until one hour before the class starts!
20.00h – Tanzfabrik asks …
End the first day of our Virtual Oster Tanz journey with reading through some answers to our Questionnaire, today by Barbara Mahler. She will teach Klein Technique™ in the frame of Virtual Oster Tanz on Wednesday, 15.4. and Friday, 17.4 at 5pm.
Feel free to leave us your answers to a question in the comment section below!
20 Questions for these times
- Show or tell us how you rediscovered your apartment during the last couple of weeks?
- What are your favourite dancing in the shower moves?
- As time travel hasn’t been banned, where would you go, and why?
- What three topics are currently unfairly underrepresented due to the corona pandemic?
- What does your special corona movement practice or ritual look like?
- How has physical distancing impacted your body-awareness?
- What are three of the biggest influences on your dance practice?
- How to take space if you have none?
- Will a new dance form develop?
- How does your body feel?
- Do you have a memorable hugging moment? Describe how the first hug after corona could feel like?
- Tell us about your favourite early spring moments?
- Imagine objects could die from corona virus. Which one thing you own would you rescue? Why?
- How would you describe sharing with your neighbours: caring or scary?
- Take five minutes to describe your favourite view from your apartment.
- Can you share a line from your current favorite song lyrics?
- Do you have different ways of connecting to the world despite the internet?
- Do you want to ask us something back? Promised we will answer!
- Imagine there is no Internet, mobile phones or TV. What would be your three favourite analog things to do?
- What is your favorite body part at the moment and why?
Will a new dance form develop?
What does your special corona movement practice look like ?
What are the biggest influence on your dance practice?
by Barbara Mahler
Further more – Support Tanzfabrik
SPRUNG IN DIE ZUKUNKT / JUMP INTO THE FUTURE
Our fundraiser campaign „Jump into the Future“ is now online! In this way you can help us to secure the location and compensate for the loss of income, especially that of the teachers and staff. Let’s make the jump into the future!
„Jump into the Future“ is also our constantly growing photo series of our teachers, artists and employees which can be seen on our Facebook page.